Monday, October 11, 2010

CALLIGRAPHY

Okay. So I took a Calligraphy class from Melissa Esplin (so nice and so talented) during the ART WEEKEND and I LOVED IT. I was always interested in learning calligraphy but it seemed too hard to memorize all of the letters in a new way. That is why I loved Melissa's class so much because she emphasized the customizing of your own calligraphy style. A couple of days after the class I was brainstorming for a pretty card for my mom on her birthday when I realized that I should give my new hobby a try. So I found a beautiful quote and tried out writing it a bunch of different ways and this is what I came up with:




I was so pleased with how it turned out and my mom loved it too. I just wanted to thank Melissa for giving me the confidence to explore my own calligraphy style.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! What a great gift for your mom's birthday. So glad you liked the calligraphy class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-dorable. You were made for calligraphy!! Great jorb.

    Weird-my word verification is: remom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill!
    I've been catching up on your art blog. Look at you! I'm loving all of your creations. The card for Jan is so sweet. I love your style. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete